Sunday, March 4, 2007

My Soul Sisters!

" Soul Sisters"
Last night, a group a "sisters" came together to help me raise money for the MS Walk! I want to say thank-you to everyone for their love and support! A special thank-you to Amy and Karen for organizing this fun filled evening! Also a huge thank-you to my sister Jessie for donating a Massage Gift Package for the "raffle" and making us a delicious dessert! I'm not sure where the other gifts came from or who brought all the freezer meals but I want to say that your generosity, love and prayers has touched me deeply!
You have given me a sense of hope and peace! I truly believe having love and laughter in your life is part of the "healing" process...I'm realizing that although my body needs much more time to recover, it is because of friends, family and God's grace that my physical disabilities seem minor. I still struggle with the unknowns and fear of what the future will hold but I know God is Faithful!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Katie, You are amazing! I thought I'd check out your blog through Amy's and read what you wrote today. You are a strong person who is loved by so many family and friends!

Anonymous said...

"Soul Sisters" you rock!

Amy said...

Fun times!! Even if we didn't play poker!! Next time!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate!
I'm glad that you guys had fun! bummed that I didn't get to join you. I love you sooo much!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kate!
I'm glad that you guys had fun! bummed that I didn't get to join you. I love you sooo much!!

Anonymous said...

i had sooo much fun with the girls the other night at amy's!! thank you to all who helped make it so great--the food was AWESOME--i ate like a pig! & the game was so fun; as were the prizes--love my hazelnut coffee!! & the dessert was incredible!! it was so refreshing to hang out with these special girls-- to laugh, be silly & real all at the same time. katie--you looked beautiful--as always!! i love you to PIECES--& you are very much in my prayers!!! stay strong, sister!!
love always, lisa